Getting a New Intranet: How and Why Best Practices
The days of looking at an internal communication hub as merely a luxury are long gone. While easy, quick access to pertinent information is becoming a standard in our personal lives, having this same type of urgency and accessibility in a professional, hospital environment is equally, if not more, important. As Community Hospital (McCook, NE) has discovered, implementing an intranet is a perfect way to do this! Whether you’re starting from scratch, coming from a home-grown intranet, or switching intranet vendors, implementing a new intranet may seem like a daunting task. But it doesn’t have to be! It’s not as intimidating as you may think. During this webinar, we will cover:
• Reasons for an intranet • Tips and Best Practices for a successful implementation
• Implementation Project Management
• Graphics/Look & Feel
• Compliance/Policies Management
• Community Hospital’s real-life game plan and execution of their intranet implementation
• LORI BEEBY has been the Director of Information Systems at Community Hospital for 15 years. With her passion for project management and PMP certification, she was the easy choice for heading up the implementation of Community’s Intranet.
• CANDY CROSBY, Public Relations Coordinator at Community Hospital, manages marketing, advertising, PR, event planning, etc. at Community Hospital. During her 25-year tenure, she has utilized ever-advancing technology (including introducing email, internet, and social media) to communicate key messages to the hospital staff.
• JESSICA JOHNSON has worked for Community Hospital for 5 years, filling the roles of Compliance Officer and Medical Staff Coordinator. Her job duties include Medical Staff Credentialing, coordinating Medical Staff meetings, overseeing policy management, and managing compliance with healthcare laws and regulations.
• JASON OSHITA is the Manager of Client Services at HospitalPortal.net. In this role he is dedicated to maintaining/enhancing the client experience throughout & beyond system implementation.